General but not generic!
Our weekly General Goods auction is home to a huge assortment of anything and everything one could imagine. Composed of the treasures you’d find in the back of a cupboard or hidden in a shed, General is always full of surprises. Stock up on homewares, clothing, electronics, tools, and furniture - and avoid landfill by selling your excess items to give them a new lease on life. Come see Canberra’s best second hand showrooms and discover a bargain here at The Auction Barn!
Our General Auctions start at $10, and end every Saturday. Please see our Upcoming Auctions page for our current auctions!
The Auction Barn showrooms are open for viewing 7 days a week; from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday, and 9 to 12 on weekends, with no appointments required.
Information for General Buyers
- Goods are sold ‘as found’, and the photographs taken constitute part of the description. We encourage our customers to inspect the items in person before bidding.
- We offer postage Australia wide and delivery within the ACT for multiple, heavy, and large loads; for more, see our Delivery & Postage department.
- We require our successful bidders to pay for, and collect their items within 48 hours of payment of their invoice. Please contact us to discuss, your options, should you need to arrange an alternative collection period.
Information for General Sellers
We welcome drop-offs and consignments of items for our General Goods auction during our opening hours, every day of the week. To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff please keep in mind the following:
- Please clean and test electrical devices before bringing them for consignment. We cannot resell broken or faulty electrical goods.
- Please package collections of items for drop off in boxes, tubs, or heavy duty bags for ease of storage and to prevent injury from heavy lifting. For oversized items, please contact us before arrival.
- Please wash and dry fabric items such as clothing, rugs, ect. before consignment, for hygiene reasons.